Living in California means living with the constant threat of earthquakes. They become part of life here, but because of the real threat to life and property that a large earthquake poses, they need to be taken seriously and prepared for. From your home survival kit to the integrity of the buildings you own or run, every aspect of our daily lives needs to be tweaked in the direction of earthquake preparedness. We all need to be prepared, and all aspects of our life need to be considered when contemplating the possibility, the looming reality, that “the big one” will strike at anytime. If you are the owner or facility manager of a commercial or industrial building, or residential apartment building, you have the responsibility to make sure that the structures under your care are sound and comply with municipal and state codes that deal with seismic preparedness. To help you meet the challenge this responsibility brings, Consulting Engineering Corp. offers seismic retrofitting services. In this and future blogs, we will seek to education you about what we do, and it’s importance in safeguarding your real estate investment as well as the human lives that are at risk.
Who We Are and What We Do
We are Consulting Engineers Corp., and our goal is to help building owners and facility managers meet the responsibilities of having the buildings for which they are responsible meet, or exceed, relevant seismic preparedness codes. We offer custom engineering services for commercial, industrial building, and residential apartment buildings. We design for buildings as if we are the owners. We would not want anything less in our buildings, so we make our designs to comply with the highest standards. Our process is multi-stepped, and all our work is custom. We take into account the specific needs of your structure as well as the needs of your company or facility budget. Besides shoring up the integrity of soft stories, we create designs for equipment anchorage and designs for equipment upgrades, such as strengthening a roof design for new HVAC or process equipment.
Our process is multi-stepped and all our work is custom. We take into account the specific needs of your structure as well as the needs of your company or facility budget. In short, we offer custom, cost-effective, seismic retrofitting by experienced engineers.
A Breakdown of our Full-Service Engineering Services
- We offer a full range of seismic retrofitting services. We go above and beyond to make sure your building is up to code and that your soft story is strong enough to withstand the forces that an earthquake unleashes.
- Our highly experienced and eminently qualified engineers will design a soft story seismic retrofit and any other reinforcements that your building needs.
- For existing buildings, we offer design for equipment anchorage, design for equipment upgrades, such as strengthening a roof design for new HVAC or process equipment.
- Analysis of existing buildings including PML “Probable Maximum Loss,” SES “Scenario Expected Loss,” and SUL “Scenario Upper Loss” analysis.
- Unlike some other engineering companies, we begin our seismic engineering services with a thorough inspection of your property in order to properly assess it’s current state.
- We will handle all the permitting, so you don’t have to learn an entirely new field and spend your days at the permitting office. We are experienced in the permitting process.
- We can also provide the construction services if needed.
- We frequently work with lenders, banks, brokers, etc. to help make sure you have the funding that is necessary for this essential work.
- Our engineering services are meant for commercial, industrial building, and residential apartment buildings.
- Our engineers are certified by the SECB (Structural Engineering Certification Board), we are licensed engineers in the States of California, Oregon, Mississippi, and Washington.
- We are members of SEAONC (Structural Engineers Association of Northern California).
- We are lifetime members of the ASCE (American Society of Civil Engineers).
- We are on the certified engineering list of most national lenders, brokers, and insurance companies.
If you own a building or are a facility manager for a building in the North Santa Rosa, Sacramento East, Monterey, or wider San Francisco area, call us today to get started on your seismic retrofitting and increase your earthquake preparedness.